March 21, 2013

In like a lion, out like a lamb.

...And such was teh case for the 1 year anniversary that she left.

It was actually yesterday.

1 year that I came home and she was gone, with much of her clothes.

Don't have much really to say on it now that it happened.  Oh, I thought about it a lot the previous two weeks.  I allowed it to keep me up a few times, but when yesterday actually came and left, the day was pretty much went by without a single peep.

The only odd that happened was Tuesday night I got blind copied on an email from my lawyer to hers at 9:30pm stating we reject her recent counter proposal outright.  I like when my lawyer said "Your counterpropsal does not support either the law or the facts of teh case.  When your client wants to get realistic about negotiation, you can contact us."

I have no idea what the offer was, but seeing that her attorney's email had some disclaimer at the end in regards to tax advice and the like, I can only assume that my wife is attempting to make me file both jointly and even pay her tax preparation.  Remember, she's quite pissed off that I am filing seperately as I will be getting a return this year, and she will have to most likely pay.  I'm sure she was counting on getting 1/2 my return, me paying her for her tax preperation, and be able to wash her hands of it.

Despite my continued mess, I had an awesome weekend.  Saw some old schhol chums from years past,...try like 25+ years.  I also had time with my parents, my church, and close friends tooks me out to dinner.  Perhaps it wasn't a perfect birthday weekend (yes, I turned another year), but a far cry from last years when my wife sent me a text message late in the day and otherwise racked with misery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend & birthday!!