March 13, 2013

Shields Up

I was on pins and needles yesterday afternoon once I sent the note to my wife about taxes.

The lack of immediate repsonse from her meant one of three things to me:
  1. She hadn't checked her email.
  2. Her cell phone was either out of range or dead.
  3. She didn't care.
If you bet on #1, (which I did), you were correct.  Starting at 8am this morning the first salvo of heated email came flying my way. 

I won't go into all the nonsensical details, but the gist of it was I was "screwing her...but she's used to it because that's all I do now."

*Sigh*

Yes, I am mad at that statement...and frustrated...but now I have to laugh at it.  I just have to.  It shows me (yet again) she hasn't really changed to the core, she's still in denial after a year, and what selective and revisionist history she has.

So I ask, did I screw her when:
  • She left against all families advice to the contrary?
  • She was let go from her job for performance related issues?
  • She told the neighbors she is paying my bills?
  • She accused my female friends of having an affair with me?
  • When she lied about having a girls night out locally, but ended up in Vegas with another man?
  • When I paid her taxes last year when she said she would pay for them herself?
  • When she ran her credit cards into the ground so as collection agencies call her?
  • When she called my mother out of the blue and cursed her out while drunk?
  • When her first marriage failed?
  • She chose happy hour over our Anniversary?
  • When she told the lawer I am not giving her access to her belongings, even though I took the time to box them up, and request that she pick them up multiple times?
Yup, I was told that I am 'screwing' her.  This coming from the person who just told me she is 'NOT ON THE BOOKS' at her current 'cash only' job and who doesn't have a 1099 or W2.  My tax man said: "No way, do you want to risk that.  If she gets caught for tax fraud/evasion, I could be on the hook if I file jointly.

Whatever.

No comments: