December 07, 2012

Gloomy Friday

The weather sure took a turn last night.  It really does look like winter around here, or at least appears as to what one would expect as a typical foggy London day.

It's not really raining, but the air is thick with moisture and gray and chilly.  Everything is wet via condensation, much more than typical.  Traffic reports have warned to keep our lights on as visibility is reduced.

When I got home last night I wasn't in the mood to walk my dog, but as exasperated as I was, I did anyway.  It's not his issue that I had a long day at work, back to back to back meetings and a reduced lunch.  He's just happy to see me, and I, him.

A friend offered to come over and make me dinner last night, and I agreed.  Before my friend came over though, I did a rare thing...I sat in my shower/tub with a beer and just let myself soak in the warm water.  If I had a set of two x-chromosomes, I may have even put on some relaxing music and dimmed the lights.  Then I remembered a quip from a sitcom I saw earlier in the week where they were talking about men taking baths, and one of the jokes had a punch line along the lines of "Ewww...I'm not into testicle tea".

It made me laugh.

It was then I also wished I had some Epsom salts.  I know that sounds weird, but I read an article earlier this week about the multiple health benefits of soaking in a tub of Epsom salts.

As I just gelled in the tub for a bit, I kept thinking about taking vacation.  Not now though...it's obviously the holidays, but sometime in a few months.  I need it to be: A) slightly warmer and B) Wait for the days to get a bit longer.  See, I wanna hang out at a pool and relax, drink in hand, and watch the sun set at 6:30 or so.....not 5pm.  I'm thinking about going back to the Grand Canyon.  It's been about 6 years since I've been, and I really want to take the train in Williams again.  It was so much fun, and the stars at night were just incredible.

Despite the fact I was indifferent about having company, I didn't say "No". so my friend came over and made me a chicken dinner.  It was pretty darn good for what it was, and afterwards we just watched a little TV.

I must have slept wrong as I woke up this morning at 5:00 with a crick in my neck.  Annoying enough that one aspirin didn't help and I took another hot shower this morning.

Work is slow once again today.  It's so erratic. 

I'm on the fence about going to CR tonight.  I didn't go last weekend and even though it is strictly voluntary, I feel obligated to go...not sure why.  Part of me just wants to go home again if this weather continues (as it appears it will), watch some TV, eat some leftovers, and turn on my gas fireplace, dog in lap.

No comments: