December 06, 2012

Merry Christmas...from your lawyer

Sometimes I really just need to sit back and be amused at life.

This isn't supposed to be downer post...I'm just posting because it is kinda funny.

So yesterday, in the mail, I got my first official Christmas card of the season....

From......

.....My lawyer.

No joke.

I went to my mailbox when I got home like I normally do, collected everything in it, walked in my house as I'm putting down my stuff and noticed a gold-ish envelope addressed solely to me.

Imagine my chuckle at all things holy and a perfect summation of this year when I realize my Christmas card is from my lawyer, signed by his office, and also included was his business card (in case I forget his number?).

Talk about an exclamation point on all things backwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoke to my grandfather today during a brief break in a day chock full of mindless training.  I have some mandatory time off coming up in a few weeks, so I told him I'd drive up one day and take him to lunch.  He sounded very thankful about that.

I also received a very nice email from my step-daughter today.  In a nutshell, she says she'll always consider me her step-father, no matter what, that I always treated her nice and she knows the crap I've been going through. 

--Wow--  That made my day.

No comments: