October 26, 2012

Survived

Today is Friday, and for all intents and purposes I survived yesterday....my 9th wedding anniversary.

I stayed home, made myself some fish and steamed veggies, poured myself a drink, and watched TV with my pooch.

I know she went to a BBQ with some of her friends, (formerly mine I suppose), perhaps to lift her own spirits.

We didn't speak at all yesterday, just the single text from her and my reply.  She made one snide remark later in the day, a vieled coded dig about 'sunsets'.  I know what she meant, I'm not stupid, but I didn't take the bait.

My aunt called me yesterday on my way home.  We had a nice chat about a lot of different things, and I told her what my MIL said to me about being "un-Christian".  My aunt borders on being an aetheist and agnostic...religion just isn't for her (something I pray about often, that she becomes saved herself, along with my uncle.  They are great people, loving, and caring....just don't like any religion).  This revelation really upset my aunt which was a surprise to me.  She thought it was both wrong and mean to use my religious beliefs against me the way my MIL did.  It actually really upset my aunt...more so that I would have guessed, and of course she said "do not tell your mother this", and I haven't. 

My mom would go ape-$#it if I told her.

Yeah, kinda embarassing for a 42 year old man...to have his mom get mixed up into all this.  I will tell her someday, but after my divorce is finalized.  No reason to shake a hornets nest if I'm smart.

I have to leave early today.  My dog...my little boy....is under the knife.  He is getting a small cyst removed from his eyelid.  He's also having his ears plucked, his teeth cleaned, and his anal glands expressed.  Poor guy....no food this morning for him....doctors orders.  He'll be put under and will stay at the vets all day until I pick him up for observation.  He is 7 years old now, entering middle age.  Such is the cycle of life.  He has been such a blessing to me.  Anyway, I'll be home with home tonight so I can watch him.  I'm sure he'll be groggy and in a bit of pain.

No comments: