October 23, 2012

Surprise Review

Today I had my 6 month review at work.  We have these little one-on-one PDS (Personnel Development System) twice a year to guage how we are doing and part of our bonus (if we get one) is based on this.

Well, I walked in today at had an email from my boss that she wanted to see me. 

Deep down, I was a little nervous I suppose.  As much as I try to leave my personal life outside of work, it is almost impossible to do without my placid facade cracking from time to time.

As much as I have tried to keeps things tidy and under wraps for the benefit of my work place environment, most of my coworkers have kind of figured out that my marriage dissolving.

It was a nice surprise to hear my boss give me some positive reviews, even a few 'Exceeding Expectations' on a few projects.  This will translate into an 'okay' bonus at the sometime next month.  Lord knows I need it as my lawyer just hit me up for another $300 because of my wife's silly questions.

And at the very least it signifies that I'll be here for at least the next 6 months, safely.

So...Yay.

The otehr good news is that an old Elementary School classmate is scheduling a reunion of many of us who grew up together during that time.  She just created the event yesterday, and invited close to 25 people.  It's been 24 hours and already 9 people agreed to go, and otehrs are already looking into flights and hotels.  How awesome is that?

And it also falls on my birthday.  What a great birthday for a change....I will be with my closest friends of 30 years for a change, and not disapointed by someone who thought of herself for once.

No comments: