October 15, 2012

A New Dawn

No, this is not a homage to the Twilight franchise (truth be told, I never saw any of them), but the title is a little apropos.

This past weekend (Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday) was probably one of the best weekends I've had in what seems like forever. 

I was relaxed, took in some sights, and visited some old stomping grounds of mine that I hadn't been to in years, and I was all smiles and forgot aout everything else.

I did something new and unheard of....even for me.  I went to a sports tavern last night and watched the Sunday Night game (Green Bay vs Texans) with others and not only had a great time, I was even clapping and hooting and holloring at times along with everyone else.

And what made it special?  Well a few diffrent things:
  • I went with a new group of friends, not the same old regulars I generally hang out with.  So there was no pretense about answering questions everyone else always seem to inquire about.
  • I broke out of my regular weekend routine.  Oh, I still did chores and grocery shopped, but I put away time and challenged myself to get out there.
  • I visted some old haunts that I hadn't really taken the time to visit or enjoy in years.  They may have changed a bit here and there, but for all intenst and purposes they brought back memories from my single days.
  • I took in the sunset, walked about town, sat down on the grass and looked up at the sky...daydreaming on clouds.
  • And probably most importantly, I let my guard down and allowed myself to be happy and relaxed.  And it worked.
The only interuption to anything at all was I did get a text from my ex simply stating: "I miss you!!"

I didn't text back.

Nope I'm finally having a good time with new friends and with some trepidation, picking up a pen to start a new chapter and I'm not gonna start a texting conversation in the midst of it.  Nope, you had your chance.

I also decided to take a day off this Friday and meet another friend for lunch mid-day and walk around a little artist community.  And then that evening I will be watching Prometheus with yet another friend who asked me not to watch it until she could watch it with me as well.

Weird....last week I was crying on Monday and today I'm in one of the best moods.  Thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news! Change is a good thing...