September 07, 2012

Friday the 14th

I really needed my sleep last night, and despite the heat and refusing to turn on my A/C, I did.  I could have slept longer in fact, and it crossed my mind to call in sick today, but I didn't.  It's casual Friday, and I hate to waste those days.  And surprisingly, I've been busy this morning and now my day is already half over.

Anyway, the sleep came from the previous two nights of lack of sleep.  My wife texted me Wed., morning saying that she herself is stressed out and didn't sleep well herself the night we met and spoke.  She did manage to respond that she will go to the party anyway.....doesn't surprise me at all.

I for sure won't be going.  Instead, I am going to an Octoberfest celebration, something I wanted to go to for years, but never had a reason to go until now.  So my buddy and I will be going and spending the day eating brats, listening to German or Bravarian music, and tasting various German beers.  Yeah, it's in the middle of September, but that's cool.

I don't have much plans for the weekend.  I'm probably going to go for a short workout after work, and then come home and watch a movie or jabber with the neighbors.  Can't afford anything right now as mortgage is due today, and I need the rest for gas and toll until next Thursday.  So I'll need to entertain myself the next few days by sticking close to home.  That's okay...it'll give me a chance to do chores, watch a few movies, work on some hobbies and other things.

I broke down and called my lawyer today.  Didn't get a hold of them, just left a message to see if they got my faxed documents from two weeks ago and see where we are in the process.  As I hadn't got a scathing email or call from my wife as of yet, I'll assume she hasn't been notified that I'm requesting we move forward.  It'd be nice to know if there is a time frame I can wrap my ahead around to begin anew.

I'd also like to get these boxes out of my sight, and start advertising for a possible roommate.  My wife is still barely chipping in, and as I opened her unemployment benefits envelope, I noted that she has about 3 - 4 weeks of income left.  Then she will be dependant on her cash only job which may even even pay less than her unemployment by my calculations.  She either needs to 'buck-up' and get a 'real' job, or she's going to be dependant on her parents for the forseable future.  I don't take any pride or joy in that at all.  However, perhaps her parents will finally see what I've been dealing with for the past few years and they'll put pressure on her instead of me always looking like the bad guy who only appears to care about money. 

So I standby waiting for the lawyer to return my call and tell me what's up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, she must have been notified by now... How are you doing? Hope things have been fairly peaceful for you.