August 03, 2012

No show

So we both showed up on time last night, well, 7:50pm, and I noted that the lights looked off in his office.

At 8:01pm, I asked my wife to call the guy and see what's up?

She got a hold of him at 8:05.

He had a family emergency.  Secretary was supposed to call us.  Neither one of us got a call.

Awesome.  After he just told us last week he expects us to be on time, and he expects 24 hour notice cancellation notice lest he charge us.  Being the smart a$$ I am, I asked my wife if we get to bill him for our gas and time for driving here.

Probably a good thing nothing happened last night.  I was determined to sit stoic anyway and let her do the talking as I can get carried away.  I had a bad day, nay, week at work anyway.  We are short handed, it's warm, everything keeps breaking.  Needless to say I had a headache last night anyway, I was tired, and not in the best of moods.  I told my wife as much, so it wouldn't be a surprise if I didn't really participate much in what was supposed to be our session.

So, instead of sitting their in a parking lot dumbfounded and grasping for something to say oddly, I just looked at her and said "Okay, bye.", and gave her a hug, and left.  I could tell she wanted to say more and was perhaps surprised (and possibly frustrated) that I left so abruptly.

But really, what were we going to do in that parking lot?  If I stayed for any more time, I could see it devolving into pointing fingers once again.  I just wasn't in the mood to be on the receiving end, or attempting to explain anything without a nuetral, third-party there.

Went home, took a nice hot shower.....and an Alieve aspirin for my headache and backache.

I wonder if she'll show up to church this Sunday?  Either way, I'm making plans with MY friends to be out and about, not letting her consume my thoughts.  As my best friend put it: "Hey, the onus is on her to prove to you that she has changed and everyone knows that." 

True-dat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?! That's frustrating, but as you said, probably for the better... all things happen for a reason. Re-schedule?