July 16, 2012

Weekend Adventure

Looking back, I actually did quiet a bit this weekend.

Friday night I went to Celebrate after work.  Not much to report there.  Just came home and watched Netflix before I went to bed.

Saturday morning saw me at another long men's support group that lasted just over 2 hours.  I start get drained at about the 1.5 hour mark, so anything after that, I start to fade.

Went to teh gym, rode the bike for a bit and then did some chores in town.  Thankfully it was starting to cool down just a bit.  It was no longer 90+ and humid, but somewhere in the high 80's.  I'm starting to feel a bit funny with all the drugs in my body.  For my Uticaria I have a regime of the following: Prilosec OTC in the morning, followed by 10mg of Prednisone (steroids) throughout the day, 5mg of Clarinex (an anti-histamine) and lastly, Ratadine 5mg...an acid reducer.  These are supposed to turn 'off' the receptors that produce my hives.

On top of that, through in my cholesterol medicine and my new amped 40mg dosage of Citropram, and you might begin to understand why I'm a little bloated and foggy.  Unfortunately, my Prednisone isn't kicking in like it used to, as my Uticaria has been 9 days now.  I thought I was gonna be clear today as it was almost completely gone yesterday, but this morning I awoke to a whole new batch on the top of my hands, my shoulders, and neck.  So frustrating.

Anyway, Saturday night we went to the cajun restaraunt.  It was a fun and nice drive up, the 4 of us talking and catching up about everything.  Dinner was 'good', but nothing that would knock my socks off.  I had fried oysters and ctafish, some dirty beans and rice, side salad, sweet tea, french bread, and some jumbalya.  Like I said, it was good, but not excellent.

Finishing much sooner than we though we would, we opted to walk around the city a bit.  Strange neighboorhood with a lot of "freaks" and curio shops.  It's a popular area, although run-down.  They had a makeshift carnival going on, so we walked about with our phone cameras and took plenty of cool pictures with Instagram.  Finally drove home and back in bed by 10:45.


Yours truly
Sunday, I worked on my train model early on, church, then me and my pup when on a road trip to see my college friend afterall.  It was a really nice drive and I think my pup was excited!.  About 2/3 of the way there, we made a pit stop so he could go potty and stretch at an outdoor picnic stand under the trees.  We sat in the shade for a good 30 minues or so watching motorcyle after motorcylce drive by before we headed back out.

Seeing my freind was nice.  I met his wife and 3 children for teh first time in person.  He served a nice lunch of steak and salad as we sat poolside and caught up and just talked about things.  It was a nice 4 hour visit, finished off with the obligatory pictures before our drive back.

Once again, my pup and I made two pitstops again so he could stretch and I could take pictures.  By the time we got home both of us were exhausted.  Dinner was a salad for me, and my dog was snoring by 7:30.  I didn't last too much longer with me in bed at 9:20.

The last 3 days I finally had some sort of peace.  I had good times with good friends who help remind me of who I was and who I still am.  Such a blessing.

Although this morning my Uticaria flared back up, and the meds are taking a toll on me.  All I can think about right now is going home, relaxing and going to bed praying that these hives will dissapear by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up!! Glad to hear you managed to fit all of your activities and enjoyed them to boot!

I've not ever experienced hives to the degree you're experiencing - though I"m sure it's quite uncomfortable. Hopefully a couple more days of the meds req'd for those and you'll be cleared up again.

Keep on keeping' on!! Now, what's the plan for next weekend?

Alone Disciple said...

Thanks for the encouragment.

Today my hives are about 98% gone. Just a few small marks on teh back of my hands is all that's left. It really helps that it is much cooler today and yesterday as well.

Plans for this upcoming weekend? Well, I'll probably see Batman on Sunday. Friday night I have tentative dinner plans with a friend, and Saturday evening a bonfire at a local campground with some of my grammar school friends and their families I was invited too.