July 05, 2012

Post 4th

You know...Christians do in fact swear.  As a matter of fact, I've let a few words rip from my mouth on occassion even though I know better.  And even though I may not say them, I sure am thinking them.

So it was yesterday, when my wife decided to park her car in my driveway while she wanted to hang out with the neighborhood.  Enter curse word here.  Really?  Two of the female neighbors, of course the two I suspected, greeted her with open arms. 

Gag me.

My wife was actually pleasant towards me.  I gave her more of her mail I had been collecting, and we chatted a few minutes.  It was tough for both of us, more so for me though.  Anger and Sadness were at war with each other inside of me. 

I even allowed her to see my dog.  A few of the neighbors saw me and invited me over, but of course the 'enter curse word here' females just looked at me.  No "Hi", No waves, No "Happy 4th"..not that I expected any.  Explative them! 

I hung outside for a bit, but one I realized that there was some actual planning behind all this now, and it was no fluke my wife just showed up, I decided to leave.  Explative this!

Went to my other friends house and hung out for a BBQ and firework show.  Came home by 10pm to see that my wife's car was still in my driveway.  Oh...yay....probably too hammered to drive home so she spent the night at the neighbors house.  Good.  She texted me, wondering if I was home yet.  Yes, I am home, but it's after 10pm, and I have to work tomorrow.  Not going to deal with you at 10:30pm on a Wed night with the nosey neighbors about.  Nope, not putting on a show for them.

Not sure why, but the whole thing has me riled up.  Explative all of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hurtful the way the neighbors are behaving, apparently under the directive of your wife's lovely friends...

It's ok - it's no doubt frustrating, but I think it's pretty normal to feel how you're feeling. The driveway? I'd be peeved too - what is she trying to show & to who, and why? Sounds like more game playing... You didn't bite, and hopefully, she'll drop it, and leave you be for the rest of her visit.

You've got this - just keep motoring on through. Let go of the anger - it will only make you sick...

I don't know about you, but the holiday falling in the middle of the week was the pits...

Alone Disciple said...

Yeah...It kinda sucked. Had to behave on numerous accounts...meaning I had to be to work the day.

I didn't bite. I just went to bed and ignored it. Her car was still in the driveway when I left for work at 7:45am, but someone let me know she left somewhere around 9am or so. She spent the night at one of the enablers homes.