July 20, 2012

Obstacles.

Maybe the Lord is really trying to tell me something.  If He is, I wish He would be more clear and concise, or perhaps open my ears, eyes, and mind to comprehend the things I seem to have little control over.

As you read yesterday, I met someone earlier in the week, and we seemed to have hit it off pretty well.  We were planning on meeting for a friendly lunch sometime this weekend.  Well, no sooner did I publish yesterday's post, I received a text message from her unexpectedly cancelling on me.  She said she was sorry, but something 'came up', and she didn't go into any further explanation, but a vague "maybe some other time?"

I texted her back asking if everything was okay, kinda prompting another chance to fill me in.  She said 'yes, everything was fine', and apologized again....nothing further.  Has me scratching my head and wondering what happened.

Then this morning I received a text message from my divorced friend in another state who planned on moving here by the end of the year.  She's the one I also mentioned before that she would like to explore a relationship with me, once she moves.  Well, she informed me today that she is resigning from her job at the end of the day today because the work schedule is too hectic and they will not bend, leaving her unable to schedule meaningful daycare for her daughter.  Long story short, her move is now placed on hold as after today she will have no job again.

I know you guys reading this are probably thinking "Hey buddy.....You're not even legally divorced yet.  It's only been 4 months.  You need time to heal, time to yourself, and be final in your divorce before you even consider moving on."

You're all probably right.

And that's what I'm wondering...if God is sending me a message to slow down...cool my jets....don't do anything rash.  Just continue to surround yourself with friends for the right now.  He has someone planned for me...the right someone, sometime in my future.

Yeah, I know this.  I just have never been good with patience.  And I hate being alone.  I joke, but can we say "co-dependant much"? 

Did I mention yesterday I looked at my most recent paycheck and noted that I have 90+ hours of vacation tiem saved up?  Yeah....with nowhere to go.  At least I don't want to go by myself.  I've asked a few friends, and only one of them kinda responded with half-hearted interest.

I came in early today, so I'll early as well...go to the gym.  Need to work off this pent up energy I'm storing and just focus on the campfire tomorrow.

No comments: