May 02, 2012

Sticking my toe in the water

Last night was gloomy yet again.  Rained a bit around 9pm which was an unexpected surprise to all the  weathermen. 

I made myself a really good dinner.  I diced up some yukon potatos and onions, coated them in olive oil, cracker pepper, Lawry's seasoned salt, rosemary, and some salad herbs and baked them in a casserole dish for 2o minutes at 450 degrees.  At the 20 minute mark, I added a tilapia filet that had been marinating in a garlic/tuscan concoction and baked another 25 minutes.  It was delicious.  So much so, I'm gonna do it again tonight, but with the extra baby reds I have and throw in a few additional veggies as well.

Gave my pup a yummy dinner too.  I like to spoil him once in a while and he showed his gratitude my snuggling up with me in bed last night.

My new video card will be here today.  I bought a new video card with some Amazon gift cards I had saved up over time, and that will replace the one that burnt out a week ago after 4 years of dedicated service.  I'm looking forward to it too, because it will give me an opportunity to start exploring the world around me at home.

Speaking of which, I signed up with "Meetup.com" yesterday and created a profile with some of my favorite hobbies. 

And I already signed up for my first outing this Friday night!  It's not a singles mixer, but instead of going out to dinner with my friend Rex and his wife as was mentioned yesterday, I talked them into going on a 2mile sundown nature hike with a dog club at 7pm instead.  There will be 20 people along with their dogs and we will be led on a small hike in an area about 10 miles from my house.  It ends at 9pm and will be beneficial for me: I will meet more people, I will exercise my boy, and I will get out of the house on a Friday night.

So I won't be going to Celebrate Recovery this week afterall.  Then on Saturday morning, after I do attend my men's support group at chruch, I will be attending a Train festival (free admission) for a few hours (9am-2pm), then come home and back to my other friends house later in the afternoon to break in his brand new BBQ!   So it should be an action packed Friday and Saturday that will only cost me gas and time driving back and forth.

In other news, today is day 12 since my wife got served papers and no lawyer response from her yet. (18 days left and I win by default).  Another bank letter came yesterday for her (which I opened) and surprise....she's behind 2 payments.  The Toll Road agency also called for her and left a message, looks like she has not paid her monthly transponder bill, so she's racking up fines there as well. 

Some people will never learn.

However, she did visit her daughter on Monday (a good thing) and they had lunch and saw a movie.  I'm glad that she's at least making occasional contact with her daughter.  It's my understanding that she still doesn't want a divorce, but looking at her actions with me as "taking a break".  Awesome.  Glad to know she's taking a break, but failed to tell me.  Also heard that she still plans on paying for her portion of taxes, but I still haven't seen anything yet.

My divorced friend I mentioned a few posts back will be in town next week and wants to get together next Saturday.  I hope so.  We're supposed to hangout for most of the day on Saturday, culminating with dinner with some old friends, but who knows.  I don't want to get my hopes up for something that may not even be there, and even if there was the tiniest inkling that 'something' is there, there's the logistics of her being 6 hours away and me only 'seperated' in the legal sense not to mention fighting off any idea to myself that I'm on a rebound and my brain is sending me false hope.

She sent me a brief note yesterday saying she was going to write me a letter today.  I feel a little childish....I've been checking my email every couple of hours, and thus far nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm giving you a theme song for the day... 'Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies...'

http://youtu.be/0jsw_r0hILQ