May 23, 2012

Hump Day 5.23.12

Not much to report today.

Still haven't heard from either my wife or my lawyer, although another CC collector called last night and I was happy to give them my wife's cell phone number and tell them "good luck", and "she doesn't live here anymore so you can stop calling here."  I rounded off the night watching season finale of 'Glee' and a some shows I had taped on my DVR.

My father came over this morning just as I was leaving to take my pup for a walk and stay with him as he got his first mobile grooming in about 6 weeks.  He really needed it.  My father called me when he was all done and says my little guy looks great.  I'm happy to know he wasn't alone all day again and had a good few hours with his 'grampie'.

I'm a few days behind in my daily devotionals.  Still need to read at least two a day for the next few days to catch up.

Started cleaning my backyard up yesterday.  I'll be hosting my first BBQ for my friends since everything went down this Sunday.  So I started to pull a few weeds, sweep up a bit, clean, but I'll do more of it on Saturday.  Noticed a few of my seat cushions need to be replaced.  The elements have not been kind to a few chairs I got, but they were cheap one's I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond about 3 years ago.  The cushions disintegrated. It'll be nice to have my friends over at my house and not have to worry about going to work the next day.  Won't be big, maybe a total of 10 people.  I may relax enough to even sip on a good whisky....something I haven't done in weeks!

I also said I was invited to a BBQ this weekend as well, so I'll be doing that too.  Probably get a haircut on Saturday and plan on still hitting the gym.

I mentioned I joined a few new social clubs that are supposedly in my area, but after looking at their respective upcoming events...they all seem to be an hour away, or at inconvenient times.  To be honest, I also looked at the local mega-church's "singles" program...but they have a caveat...you need to be officially divorced before you can join.  Poop.  And my church doesn't really have a singles group, especially for my age group.  Too soon?

Other than that, work is work, and I get paid tomorrow which will be a relief.  I am also supposed to get a small surprise bonus as well...I don't know how much, but anything at this point is good after this past month.

That's it for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So help me out, I forget - is it after 6 mos. of filing that you are divorced? If it's only 6 mos. you don't have long to wait before you could join the mega-church's group... You're ready when YOU are ready. You're probably better off looking for a future partner via a church group to find someone with similar beliefs and dedication. Also, I think I mentioned a while back that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that your friends might have some ladies they'd like to set you up with, but are probably waiting for the ink to dry before bringing up the idea.
Seriously, just keep doing what you're doing. One day at a time, one step at a time - before you know it you'll have moved on. Allow me to point something else out, - there is no better time than right now to make it all about you. Do the things you want, watch the TV you want, play your music, enjoy your hobbies, your friends, etc., etc. When you begin to date again in earnest, you re-enter the great big world of compromise, and all of your decisions are made out of consideration for the other person(s) in your life. You'll feel more satisfied with who you are and where you are in your life, and in the end, you'll be a better partner.

Alone Disciple said...

It's actually 6 months if the other party doesn't contest and cooperates with signing of papers.

According to my lawyer, the clock started ticking on 4/20...unless my wife throws a monkey wrench into things and purposely misses a court date since she did respond at the 11th hour. She has the potential to drag this out, but shouldn't because we have no children and she's financially strapped as well.

So while it may only be 1 month right now since I served her, it has been 2.5 months since she physcially left the house and state. And it's been 3 months since the intervention.

I know it doesn't seem long, and I'm not looking to jump into anything right now...I'm just saying it's a bit lonely at the house and kinda tired of eating meals by myself. And I'm curious to see if I can still hold my own out there.

If my friends have someone in their back pocket...they haven't mentioned anyone yet...other than a few have mentioned something regarding my divorced female friend who will be moving back at the end of the year.