April 11, 2012

War of Words

Nothing really pressing on my front today.

Got a good night sleep for once. Maybe the Tylenol PM helped, but I'd like to think I always sleep much better when it's poruring rain outside at night. The pitter-patter on my roof and extra dark sky lend to a cozy and relaxing environment when I went to bed.

Even my puppy and sole resident of my house cuddled up and was snoring last night. :)

My wife texted me this morning.....regarding her last statement texted to me the day before. Seeing that it was a statement, and not a question, I didn't respond. I'm so over the texting. What would people do today without texting.....*gasp*....they'd have to talk to each other. So I just ignored today's as well. Let her sweat for a while as to why I went silent.

Instead, my SIL called me at about 10:30 this morning. I guess she and my wife (her sister) had an interesting text exchange. While my SIL maintains she held her composure with her texts, my wife's responses would make a sailor blush. Yeah...I saw them....SIL forwarded them to me. My wife is clearly boiling over with venom directed towards her family now....maybe only because I decided not to participate in repsonding to her she took it out or re-directed her bitternesess elsewhere.

I also know that my wife's best friend (who spent Easter with my inlaws) texted my wife as well regarding the day. I guess my wife was quizzing her friend on who was drinking at her parents house this weekend. I imagine to call them hypocrites. The friend replied to my wife that she needs to get her act together, that we all love her, and it's time to drop the games. My wife never responded back.

Anyway, the wife supposedly drives down tomorrow under the belief no one knows.....but we all do. I just imagine her showing up at 'MY" house tomorrow late at night, 1/2 in the bag from the party (which I am not going to) and demanding that we talk or something. I can hardly wait.. (actually I can...I want no part of this surprise discussion tomorrow).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has she said she plans on paying you a visit?

If she does, you always have the right to call the police if you feel threatened... or that she might be DUI...

Good luck!

Alone Disciple said...

No she hasn't.

But she's unpredictable. The bar is 5-10 minutes from our house.

2 weeks ago she popped by un-announced and wanted to 'talk' at 9:30 at night on a Thursday. I also know she asked my daughter to make a copy of the 'new' keys and slip her one.