April 10, 2012

Take our advice...and like it.

Monday was a very stressful day for me, but not of my own volition. It seemed the stars were cosmically aligned between my own mother and my SIL. That's not to mention both my daughter and MIL also felt the need to text me yesterday.

As did my wife.

Seriously, between the five of them, I wanted to pull my hair out by 6pm.

Daughter and MIL wasn't so bad. Just checking in with me to see how I'm doing.

Wife texted me and wanted to know how my Easter went. I was truthful. I told her I was both sad and mad. Sad that this is the first time in 9 years we hadn't spent a holiday together. Sad that we are in this situation. Mad that she drove 4 hours to go to a party and neglected her family. Mad that she went to a party while ignoring my birthday. Mad that she said she would deposit money in the bank for her taxes last week, and so far hasn't. Told her I know now where I rank in her life. She said it was not true and asked if she could call me at lunch....I ignored her. I noticed from a friend of hers Facebook status that my unemployed wife was hanging out at an Irish Pub yesterday afternoon. Gee, I wonder what she was doing?

And no, she hasn't tried to contact me since.

SIL called me to tell me I need to get rolling on the divorce. She told me not to get a paralegal, told me what book to buy at Amazon (some do it yourself book), told me not to text her sister anymore (or call for that matter) until my wife decides to get her shit together and go into treatment. Basically, my SIL once again called me out on being "too soft" and allowing her sister to control me. I can't argue with what she says, but my SIL can be a little 'blunt', and that's putting it mildly. She made me promise to call my lawyer yesterday (I did) and inquire about the next step in getting this ship sailing.

What I didn't know (until later) was that my SIL then felt the need to call my parents and advise them to advise me to get my arse in gear. So of course, on my way hoem from work yesterday my mom called me and gave me a 15 minute lecture on what do next. Problem is, my mom (as much as I know she means well and has my best interests at heart) likes to hear herself talk. Meaning she will repeat the obvious 10 times in a row until you either want to hang-up, scream, or chuck the phone.

She told me to call the lawyer. I said I did. She then told me to call the lawyer. I just said I did. "Well you need to get a hold of him." "Mom, I left him a voice mail. It is now 5:30. Maybe he's gone for the day? You do realize you and dad just spoke to me, twice, less than 24 hours ago about this."

It's like they want everything done yesterday. I have to remind them....I WORK.... I am not retired. I am not a stay at home mom. It is Spring Break and I am not vactioning. I AM AT WORK. I can't do everything by myself just because YOU TWO snap your fingers. Again, that's not to mention my daughter, MIL, and wife also are contacting me.

My mom then told me what books to get via my SIL. Really? You mean to repeat to me the same 2 book my SIL just told me about 3 hours ago? So now I'm having this conversation again?

Christ almighty. I picked the wrong time to swear off drinking myself....And they wonder why I can't sleep? Oh, maybe because you two are relentless on my ass for a Monday right after a holiday in which I broke down? GIVE ME A BREAK. I know they mean well, but back-off already.

Oh, and I was informed that my wife is trying to get the new key copied from my daughter (I changed the locks). I had to tell my daughter (with my SIL and MIL also telling her) NO WAY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm... I'm puzzled - why is your SIL sooooooooo invested in your proceeding with a divorce? Beyond the failed intervention, why is she still involved? I think you mentioned she's on her 2nd or 3rd marriage - so I'm willing to bet she and her sister share a lot of similar traits... I know I'm here buzzing in your ear, too - but maybe it's time to ask her to give you space and respect your ability to make your own choices. And if all else fails, tell her to pack sand...

Hate to say it, but you may need to request your house key from your daughter when she moves in w/the grandparents... and ask her honestly if she made her mom a copy - you may need to re-key the locks again if she did. Difficult to say what you might come home to, if she has access...

Hang in there!