April 26, 2012

Developments

It did rain last night, not as heavy or as early as the weathermen had predicited.  It was actually much more mild than I anticpated.  We were supposed to get thunder and lightning, but that didn't happen.  It was supposed to start raining heavily at 6pm, but by 8pm it was just merely sprinkling with a few light showers throughout the night.

The heater didn't even kick in.

At 7pm last night my MIL called me.  Seems my FIL had a change of heart or mind and now they wouldn't be coming down today to pick up my wife's clothing.  So I have six large boxes of clothes, her work crap, and a full suitcase of hers that I am now moving into the spare bedroom.

Dang-it, I was hoping it would be gone, but now looks like I will be storing it for a while afterall.

Two of the men from church tried to call me after that, but I wasn't in the mood.  I just let them go to voicemail.  See, on my way home from work my mom called yet again and talked AT me for 15 minutes.  Nothing new...same stuff, different day.  It just gets exasperating after a while.

Recieved an email from a childhood friend I recently re-connected with.  She lives in another state and she too is a recent re-dedicated Christian who also went through a divorce a year ago and has two small girls.  She revealed to me that when she was younger back when we were in Jr. High and High School, she had a secret crush on me....even went as far as to stalk my work place back then, but never had the nerve to say anything to me.  She thought I was out of her league.  That was very flattering and sweet, and she's gorgeous today.

No...nothing is happening on that front...she just wanted me to feel good.  She's quite aware of my situation and has been very kind to me these past few weeks, but she has plenty of her own stuff going on and she's at least 6-7 hours away, and my wounds are way to fresh (as are hers).  Plus, that was 20 years ago.

Lastly a male friend of mine sent me an email this morning which was a surprise.  Seems that my wife contacted him last week (out of the blue) and was quizzing him on me.  Was trying to dig and pry on what I have been up to...which was a surprise to him, because other than this blog I journal in, most of my friends (other than my dearest and closest) don't have any idea on what's happening.  They say "loose lips sink ships", so other than here, mums the word.  It's good to see that my wife is digging for dirt on me now and apparently no one has anything to say to her and it's frustrating her.  Good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That stinks that you in-laws are not going to pick-up her things after all...

There are better things out there waiting to happen to you. Reconnecting with your old schoolmate is just one of them. Fresh wounds? There is no required time frame - just follow what you heart tells you...

Don't be so sure that your friends don't have a general idea that all is not merry in your life. Often people won't say anything or respond to things that might hint to what is going on via FB because they quite simply don't know what to say.