April 27, 2012

Another fine weekend?

Flowers I took this morning via Instagram
It has been one week today that my wife was served papers.

I have received zero contact from her since.

I have no idea if she will continue to go to therapy or not.  I'm even doubting she went the first time since I still haven't received any official paperwork from the insurance company (since it's in my name and provided by my company) as of yet, and they are pretty prompt about doing that.

Speaking of therapy, today is my third session with my own therapist, and I'm not even sure where we'll begin.  My thoughts on the matter are kind of unfocused right now, so I may need him to lead me today.  I also plan on working in the gym tonight as well, most likely after my seesion.

Later tonight will also be my 3rd week in a row at Celebrate Discovery for co-dependancy.  What a way to spend a Friday night these days isn't it?  When I get home, I'll watch a movie "Horrible Bosses" that came in from Netflix, and go to bed after that.

I'm supposed to spend the day with some friends tomorrow on an outdoor adventure again, followed by dinner.  It will be an all day affair, so my dad is picking up my dog today and my parents will keep him overnight until I pick him back up on Sunday when I have breakfast with them.

The only issue I may have with this outing is one of my wife's friends is going, and I'm sure she'll be taking in everything I do, say, and act and eventually report it back to my wife.  This is the friend that invited me to her boyfriends surprise party a few weeks back that I backed out of at the last minute because my wife showed up.  I imagine there will be some tension between us, so I have to be very careful and be very mindful on what I say.  Which more or less means I will not say anything, and even when asked directly, I will need to be polite and tell her I am not willing to talk about it on a such a nice day outside.  Needless to say, I'm a tad nervous and probably thinking about it much more than she is at this point (yet another character flaw of mine....overthinking things that haven't even happened yet).

The good news is there will be a total of 11 of us, so hopefully it won't come up at all, but since my friend will be driving, I will be stuck with her in the car more than I would like to be allowing for any conversation to happen.

Then Sunday will be spent with my parents in the morning, perhaps the gym again in the late morning/early afternoon, and possibly yet another neighborhood gathering mid-afternoon just to go back to work on Monday.  Seems like I will have a lot to keep myself busy and moving, so hopefully that will continue my own healing process and not feel like such an introvert (like the last 5 evenings in a row at the house).

I think I may have already mentioned this earlier this week, but I began re-listening to "Codependant No More" on my Adnroid phone and find this second time around is just as helpful.

Still a bit angry, but no tears for a few days now.  But that may change tonight.

I hope on Sunday I will have a chnace to pack yet another box of my wife's trinkets and misc. crap such as the tons of 1/2 used lotion samples, women's hair brushes and assorted feminine toiletries and stupid magnets with lame cliche sayings about "everyday is wine day" or something similar.  Just some purging of excess stuff that I will never use that I want to throw out, but feel it may not be wise just in case the court slaps my hand.

Oh, I think I need to clarify one thing from yesterday's post: "Fresh Wounds".  Fresh wounds was a term I used yesterday to comment on the process of my own divorce.  The wounds have been there for quite some time, months if not years to be exact, but the idea of actually serving papers finally feels like the 'line in the sand' has been drawn.  Since that was only a week ago and my wife hasn't even repsonded as of yet, I feel very cautious about pursuing any type of dating in my life.  I think people will give me a hard time and say 'the ink isn't even dry yet'....Yes, I agree with that.  That being said, the failed intervention was back in mid Feb, and we're rapidly approaching May 1st now.  I've been toying with the idea of creating a profile on a Christian dating site, but feeling it may be a bit premature still.  And with yesterdays revelation that an old aquaintence felt the need to share she once faniced me, I admit, has sparked my interest...but I wonder how much of this interest is me being on the 'rebound'.  At least she comes out to visit in about 3 weeks from now, so maybe that will give me a chance to sort things out a bit more.

No comments: