April 19, 2012

An "America" to relax by.

I'm not the biggest fan of classic rock music, and I was a little young when America was in their hey-day, but I discovered them for myself sometime in my mid-thirties.

When I'm depressed, or I feeling a little anxious and need some calming music to relax to, I put on "America's" Greatest Hits.

For some reason, I find their harmony very relaxing and soothing to me, however, depending on the song it can depress me if I really listen to the lyrics.

Today, using my Android phone, I am going through their entire catalog from the cloud, and have to say, it has a weird effect on me.

One of the main guys, I forget his name right now, but he became a born again Christian and wrote a book about his personal journey of leading a rock 'n roll lifestyle (drugs, money, women) before he cleaned up his act.  I think he recently died not to long ago.  I hope they make an audio version of his book.  I'd like to listen to it as a fan.

Anyway, it's late Thursday afternoon....no news on any front really right now.  Just looking forward to tomorrow night and Saturday with my friend, and here's to hoping I make some new friends as well.

No comments: