June 13, 2011

Christmas in June

It happened so quickly, I had to do a double take in my head and play it back quickly to make sure I heard right.

Friday night after work I went to the gym and had a nice work out. I was feeling pretty strong as I finally had a nice outlet for my pent up anger the last few days.

When I got home, my neighbor called me over to take a look at his RV rental for the weekend which was pretty nice. My wife happened to be there as well and during a excited conversation taking place between some of my neighbors, my wife quickly turned to me when no one else was paying attention and said: "I'm sorry for the other night and picking a fight." and quickly turned back to the crowd.

Wow.

I sat there stunned, but I just nodded and said "Thank you." Yeah, I could've made a big deal out of it, talked about it more, tell her how it made me feel the last two days, etc., etc., but in the end, I figured it was much more humble to just accept it and move on.

I spent the rest of the weekend working diligently on a train model, playing my X-box, watching movies via Netflix, and doing some chores. The wife wasn't feeling well on Sunday, she spent most of the day on the couch, or in bed, but overall it was a nice and low-key weekend. Didn't want to get up this morning, work is extremely slow today....making me wish I wasn't here, but my wife still has no leads and so we have to watch our wallets. I had a $2.50 frozen lunch and a packet of oatmeal for breakfast, and counting the hours before I go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really great surprise... It must have been difficult for her, and I'd venture to guess she did on the fly hoping you would just accept it and say nothing more... Sometimes the smallest gesture can make a big difference. Sounds like good news to me!