June 21, 2011

Post Father's Day - 2011

Well, my Father's Day was decent on most account, albeit it pretty long.

I had gotten up early in the morning to smoke a beef brisket for my Father, Father-In-Law, and Brother-In=Law. It was about a 7 hour process which also included us cleaning the house as best as we could and making other dishes as well.

My father isn't so much on presents or wrapping paper or cards, but I still feel obligated (in a good and respectful way) to acknowledge him. Besides cooking all day, I also printed some pictures out for him of the two of us together, and him and my dog (his grand'pup' as he puts it) and some visors for his daily walks.

I think everyone enjoyed the afternoon/evening together, and 9:30 pm I was pretty tuckered out. My wife's generosity was very nice on Sunday. She gave me a card, from our dog of course, and after my shower, gave me a massage.....something that hasn't happened in years...and it was longer than the 5 minutes I thought I was going to get. Lasted more like 15. She's not the best massuese in the world, but that doesn't really matter....the fact that she attempted and did so for at least 15 minutes and helped cook and clean was very nice.

The only dissapointing facet of the day was the no call from my step-daughter. Nope...no call, no text, no email, no card...nada. Well, I kinda expected that to begin with, but I suppose even knowing that ahead of time and setting my expectations to zero...still 'stings' a bit.

It's a good thing I put in for Monday off, as I really needed to sleep in. My wife and I spent the day together cleaning up the house...I even steam-cleaned the carpet downstairs. Took myself to see Green Lantern...(I liked it BTW)...rebuilt my grandafathers PC, and was in bed again at 10pm last night, but that was mostly due to my medication kicking my butt.

Now I'm back to work, and we're a bit short handed today, but it' super slow. 3.5 more days until the weekend.

No comments: