June 10, 2011

....And 36 hours later....

....things are back to normal?

Yes, this morning when I awoke (about 30 minutes before my wife), I went ahead with my regular routine: coffee, clean-up, dress for work. And my wife begins talking to me like NOTHING HAPPENED Wed. night.

Huh?

Okay, so there's a white elephant in the room...at least there was yesterday. I walked away from a argument...one I didn't start or wanted to be a part of, and still scratching my head why it even happened to begin with. I was angry. I was upset. I walked away in the heat of her tirade lest I do/say something bad.

I stewed most of the day yesterday. We didn't speak at all. I left my house without a word and went about my day trying to put it out of my mind, but it's harder than you think, especially when you believe you're the victim of an unwarranted attack.

I knew yesterday she was going to go out with some of her friends in the evening for a 'GNO' as she calls it....girls night out. Yeah, I understand those....everyone needs to be around their own sex one in a while. I sometimes go out with my guy neighbors....but I usually reserve it for the weekends, or when we have extra money and I can buy a few beers. Anway, I decided to take myself out last night for a few hours as well. After I got home from work, I walked my dog briefly and then went to go see 'X-Men: First Class' in town (pretty darn good by the way...actually better than 'X-Men: Last Stand' from a few years ago).

By the end of the movie, a good portion of my anger had finally subsided, but was still there. I got home at 9:30pm....wife was still out. I ended up skipping dinner and despite the temptation to have an adult beverage, I also passed on that as well. Figuring I needed a good night sleep, I took an OTC sleeping aid and settled into bed at 10pm, dog nestled by my side.

Unsure when my wife actually came home, but somewhere around midnight I was briefly awakened by her getting into bed. My viens were like ice for a second, waiting for her to acknowledge me or try to wake me up to talk, but she didn't, and I was glad for that. I fell back asleep shortly thereafter.

When I first got up this morning, my anger and disapointment was still there, but only a fraction of what it was. In all honesty, I really didn't want to talk to her at all again.....I contemplated just walking back out the door like I did yesterday. But I was reading the bible yesterday about 'anger'....and all the regular verses of forgiviness, slow to anger, don't let the sun go down on your wrath,....blah, blah, blah. I was reading it, but it wasn't sinking in....or I wasn't allowing it to sink in.

Anyway, I figured I should at least say "Good-bye" and kiss her on the forehead, and with any luck, she'd leave me alone and I can escape. It's too early for round 2 and I don't want to start my day off with that. So I leaned over, and kissed her and said good-by and walked downstairs.

A minute or so later, my wife arose and came down as well....and started talking to me like Wed. never happened. I didn't stay long, I really was on my way out the door, but these actions or complete emotional reversals, or situational denials, or whatever you want to call them always throw me for a loop. It's her typical M.O.: pretend nothing happened, offer no apology, don't talk about it, just wipe out the last 36 hours with a magic wand and magically Wed. afternoon blends into Friday morning, Drives me insane.

I was super hungry this morning since I skipped dinner last night, so I took myself to a bagel shop this morning. I weighed in at 217lbs this morning a few pounds up from a month ago, but down a few lbs from earlier in the week. I had a cheddar-pesto bagel with sun-dried tomato spread, fresh cucumbers and fresh tomatos and a cup of coffee. It was was delicious.

No comments: