October 18, 2006

Tragic news

Taking a break from my regular thought process to bring something to your attention and request prayer.

A friend of mine, 'H' whom I have worked with for ten years finally found happiness in a man she would like to marry named 'R'. She has had boyfriends in the past, but I think she believes 'R' is the one.

I've met 'R' and hung out at casual parties with him on occasion, and I really like him. He's a very nice man and in relatively great shape and knows God as does 'H'. He even put aside his male pride in realizing that 'H' makes more money than him, and he's okay with that. Liek me, he's beginning to learn that money isn't everything. Also like me, 'R' likes to spend time in the gym and is pretty muscular.

I'm not positive on if this was a factor leading up to an injury, but I guess 'R' has been in some pain for a while now. Pain so annoying that simple aspirin wasn't doing the trick, so he ended up doubling the amount of Tylenol PM. Whereas a regular dosage is 2 pills, he was taking 4. And it just wasn't a one time deal, and though I am not 100% positive, he had been on this higher dosage of self medication for numerous days, perhaps even weeks in a row.

Finally this caught up with him, and actually did more harm than good. So much harm in fact, that long story short, he ended up in the hospital with liver failure soon to be followed by kidney failure. He is currently on dialysis for his blood, but more importantly, he has to have a liver transplant. He's only in his mid 30's as well, like me, and now he's supposedly #1 on a liver transplant list. I can barely believe it, as he was just at my house a few weeks ago and I'd say he was healthier than me. And now he lays in a hospital awaiting a liver.

So many questions. Will he make it? How is 'H' holding up? How is this affecting his, and their relationship with God? Possible marriage plans? Life span? Income? Dietary habits?

So I ask that you pray for 'R' and hopefully it is God's will that he pull through and live a productive life.

No comments: