August 06, 2013

Stall Tactics

It has been a very rough day for me.

I almost lost it at work this morning.  I thought about just walking back out that door and going home and going back to bed.  I couldn't though since we are down two people.

Even the happy pills aren't doing their job today.

Last night I found out my wife started dating someone else.  Not sure if that bothers me or not.  It seems one minute it is, the next...not so much.  I suppose that gives the clear sign that I myself can relax and eventually get back out there without fearing any reprocussions...that is when I'm ready to.

Then this morning my attorney contacted me to let me know my wife just filed an 'ex-parte' continuance, meaning our trial that was scheduled for this Thursday may be delayed another couple of months.

For those of you counting, it has been 17 months.

17 long, emotionally painful, scaring months.

My attorney now has to go to court tomorrow and fight this at an extra cost so we can continue on with this Thursday.  At times I get so angry I cannot even see straight or think straight.  Not only is it a time sink, it is also a money sink.  And this coming from the person who is telling everyone I'm making her life miserable (Note I have had ZERO contact with her since April 17th when we both met with our attorneys present).

I think she thought I'd cave.

That I'd give into her ridiculous demands and threats.  Threats from a broke and broken person who brought all this on herself.

So now I wait until tomorrow afternoon to see if I go to trial or if it has been postponed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that there are more stalling tactics afoot... Will keep fingers crossed that you can move on with court on Thursday. But in the dating news, it might be a good thing as eventually she'll bore of toying with you... Take a good long deep breath, and a long shower or soak in the tub. Keep on hanging in there, you've got this!!