August 21, 2013

Heartbroken

A bit of a tough day today for me today.

Not sure it has sank in yet.  Nor should I feel surprised, but I guess I actually am, and somewhat hurt.

My stepdaughter has officially 'unfriended' me on Facebook.

I think back over the last 10 years.  How many times did I both drop her off and pick her up from school?  How many birthday, Christmas, and other occasion gifts did I buy her over the years?  How many times I took her out when she was feeling alone?  How many father/daughter talks did I have with her giving her advice when she asked for it?  How many tears did I wipe away? 

When I married her mother, I opened up my house to her.  I gave her a bed, furniture, electronics, meals, friendship, love....everything a step-father should.

And now I have been excommunicated and cut out from her life.  Surely at the request and pressure from her mother.

Sigh.

No comments: