July 11, 2012

And I didn't even get a sucker

Saw my Dr. yesterday and he finally gave me a new perscription for my Predisone after look at my condition, but did warn me that it may have an adverse affect with my Citropram.  Said there have been reports that it can actually deepen certain feelings and moods like depression.

And we also did talk about my Citropram.  I told him that the 20mg didn't feel like it was having much of an effect on me, so he bumped it up from 20mg to 40mg.  So, in taking what he said about the combination of the two, I will wait until I am off the steroids before I increase my dosage on the depression meds.

I likemy doctor, he does atcually seem to be someone concerened about me and did say he'd like to follow up in a few weeks, and if the 40mg doesn't do the trick...he wants to refer me to a pychologist (the ones that can adminsiter drugs).

And despite my cholesterol medication, good eating habits, and regular exercise he is still a little concerned about by ldl's (the bad choelsterol).  He said despite my build, and weight,...he is concerned about my stress levels and hw this could lead to heart disease.  To be honest....I know I've mentioned this before...unless I can learn to relax, breath, calm down, etc....I will indeed have a heart attack someday, and not because of being overweight (I'm not), or smoking (I don't), or lack of exercise (I do)...it will be the stress that kills me.

Speaking of stress, it didn't help that a coworker has it on pretty good authority that my company will be downsizing next month.  Unsure which departments, or how many people, but it still makes me nervous.  That's all I need, to lose my job after 5 years next month while going through a divorce.  But best not worry about that now.  As Joel Osteen says, God gives you the strength for today, and tomorrow He will give you the strength for that day.  We are to live in the present and be thankful for our place today....not to worry about what may or may not happen in a month from now.

After I left the Dr's office, I came home and played with my dog for a bit, but it was hot.  91 degrees.  I made my self a little snack and decided to treat myself to a movie.  Yup, I went to see The Amazing Spiderman at 3:30.  Pretty good, 4/5..a bit anti-climatic, but a nice reboot.  By the time I got home it was 6:30.  Decided not to go to the seperated men's group on account I never got a call back from the message I left to the church, plus it was hot, plus I was hungry.

I just decided to walk my dog instead and once I got back home made myself a nice cool salad for dinner and stared my steroids.  At 9:00pm I checked the thermostate upstairs.  87!!!!  Yeah, decided to sleep on the couch instead. Took two pillows and me and my dog slept downstairs.  The only bad news with Prednisone it makes you go potty a lot.  So I had to get up at least three times throughout the night to relieve myself.  Dog got me up at 5:30 for his feeding, then I went back and cat-napped until 7.

I was feeling a bit refreshed this morning, but it's getting warm again and the heat is sapping my energy.  If they turned off the lights in my office today, I'm sure I could sleep some moe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, on the heart attack topic, just keep doing your best to prevent one... and if at all possible, adjust your thinking a bit. You don't want to have a self-fulfilling prophecy on that front. Instead try to picture a long healthy life...

Glad to hear you treated yourself to a movie. Hopefully last night things cooled down for you a bit in your area.

Just a FYI, my kids have never been given a sucker at the Doctor's... it's all about stickers these days. ER/Urgent care will give popsicles if the kids have fevers, but that's as good as it gets, LOL!

Have a good dinner with your mom & her friend tonight.