May 07, 2012

Scheduling distractions

I really tried to break free from the norm this past weekend.

I allowed myself to keep busy, get out of the house, get things done, and do thinsg I wanted to do without thinking way too much.

Friday night I met up with Rex and his wife for the sundown canyon hike with our pooches.  There was supposed to be 20 people in total, but in actuality, only 5 of us showed (plus the guide).  Kind of disapointing for a club I just joined and this was my first outing with them to meet new people (and I already knew 2 of them).

My little guy
But the hike was fun and easy.  I think my dog really enjoyed it.  So many new smells for him.  It was about 3 miles in total, and was quite the learning experience.  Our guide taught us about some plants we could eat, some we should avoid, and some with medicinal value.  Didn't see much wildlife, just heard a bunch of frogs, saw a few bats, and that's about it.  The cool thing was the supermoon.  It was awesome to see the canyon lit up by this large moon.  Got home about 9:30pm, took a shower, had a late snack and hit the hay.

Saturday was about going to my men's group in the morning, then a Train Fair (one of my hobbies) where I took a lot of pictures and saw various exhibits.  Couple of things I wanted to buy, but I'm kinda holding on to my money right now....just in case any other surprises come my way.


BNSF #6967 on Saturday.
 In the afternoon, I hit the gym...hard.  Felt good to push some weights around and focusing on my chest and triceps.  I love that burn, and the endorphins, the rush, and that pumped up feeling.  I had some time to kill, so I installed my new video card in my computer.  Love it!  Runs so smooth now.

After that, I came home, cleaned up, and attended a friend's BBQ.  It was great because it was intimate.  A total of 9 of us, and a few of us have been friends since 3rd grade!  We had awesome food, told some stories, laughed, and shared various micro-brews...some were very tasty indeed.  My friend also has a fire pit in his backyard, and it was nice to all sit around it liek we were camping and back in Boy Scouts.  But I knew my buddy had an early morning the next day, so I left at about 9:30 and was home by 10pm.

Finally yesterday, Sunday, hit the gym again (back and biceps) and took myself to see The Avengers.  It was a great superhero movie, and I loved it!!  My parents stopped by unexpectedly at 5:30 and took me out for pizza, and then last night my 'divorced' female friend texted me and we chatted a bit before we said our good-nights and went to bed.

Although I had a difficulty falling asleep last night.  Despite all the stuff I did and disctractions, there is some underlying anger and funk still there, and at one point I got really angry at my wife.  It's her birthday this Wed.  She offically turn's 42 and when I told people I thought about sending her a card, everyone told me I was crazy.  Okay, I'm not going to.  But just because I don't like her behavior, and she treated me like crap on my birthday, doesn't mean I can't show respect for hers.  But like I said, everyone more or less crucified me when I brought it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend overall. You're not going to feel everything is A-O.k. for some time... it's part of healing.

Um, yep. Don't send her a card or any sort of acknowledgement... She left. If this was a different day and age, you might never know where she went off to... she'd just be gone. I still get the feeling she's playing games. If her friend thinks you're supposed to chase after her, chances are she thinks so too. It's sort of who's bluffing and who means business. You sound so much more happy these days... like you're looking forward to the possibilities. Even a text or card sends the message your still willing to be pulled back in so she can mistreat you some more. You deserve more.