March 08, 2012

Random thoughts at 1:30

It's a painfully slow day at work today.

It has allowed me to listen a bit more to my new audiobook although I may have to go back and re-listen to portions again to make sure they sank in or that I can digest them. For the life of me right now, I can't seem to recall too much of the last 30 minutes I listened to (perhaps because my brain is shuffling around too much info right now).

My dad called me today from out of state. My grandmother is still alive, no real change in her health one way or another. I was glad to hear from him though and I miss him. He's only been gone since Saturday, but the 17th (when he returns) can't get here soon enough. He's my rock (no offense mom, I love you too if you ever stumble upon this).

Not sure what's going on with the lawyer I met with a few weeks back. I sent an email on Monday and no reply. I called his office yesterday, spoke with his secretary about setting up a new meeting, and I have received no reply yet.

So I contacted a new lawyer today....someone that was referred to me by my best friend. He only practices family law and is somewhat closer to my house, and also on my way home from work, which may be better for me in the long run, especially if the original lawyer is too busy to contact me back.

On the emotional front: I still feel okay today. Still no Xanax and no tears today. I'm reading my daily devotionals, continuing to pray, getting encouragement from my MIL.

My wife supposedly committed to playing "Bunco" at one of the neighbors homes tonight as a substitute for someone else who can't make it. I hope she goes. I know she wants to 'talk' with me, but I honestly can't think of what to say. My SIL & MIL & interventionist say we all need to stay focused and keep any conversation with her about alcohol and treatment. I know my wife will want to talk about other marriage issues, and deflect, and go off on other tangents. It's my job to 'detach' myself from those accusations and only talk about alcohol...which is going to be hard to do.

My prayer today will be for me to brush off all that other crap that may be flung towards me and stay on point. Tougher than it sounds.

I noticed my armpits are particularly sweaty today. Nerves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do this... after all, your ability to stay in your marriage or walk-away knowing how very hard you've tried is intertwined with trying to follow through with this...

Good for you, Al-anon is a great step in gaining not only a better sense of not being alone with this type of problem, but of learning how not to be in this situation again. (I have a friend that has had one relationship after another with alcoholics and addicts... she's gained a lot of ground in not repeating that type of relationship again...)