March 10, 2011

March check in

Can't believe it's already been just over a month since my last entry. Where does the time go?

A few quick updates first:
  • My train hobby is picking up 'steam' so to say. I have effectively built 85% of a 3.5' x 6.5' benchwork layout. I hope to complete this foundation in the next 2 weeks and get ready for the real fun: laying track. Too bad my wife, (as per usual) jumped to a massive conclusion about this before it was even close to being constructed. She got on my case about thinking it would end up in our 'guest bedroom' as a permanent fixture but I tried to explain I was 'temporarily' building it in there because of the lighting, solid hardwood floor and ample room to make construction and clean up easier. That was a 2 hour argument she started and already made up her mind before I was even done. Sucked for me, because in the end, it ended up in a different room anyway. I wish she's just keep things to herself at times until 'after' crap is finished....and save everyone a lot of energy, and feelings for stuff that didn't happen except in her head.
  • Diet is stalled out. I've been hovering at 223lbs the last 2 weeks and can't seem to budge again, but I have plans on hitting the gym the next 4 days pretty hard.
  • Been reading books like a madman. I read two books in totality over the last 4 weeks, and have already made considerable gains in 2 others I recently started.
  • This upcoming weekend is the weekend me and some of my guy friends have set aside to make beer. This was one of my 'Taking it Back' tasks for 2011, and I hope to check it off this weekend. Alas, (I know this sucks in saying this), I wish my wife would chill out. Not to be out-done, because God forbid I do 'something' fun for once on my own, she's upping the ante like this is some kinda un-said competition and has proclaimed Girls Day Out this Saturday...yeah, like she ever needed to proclaim this. Whatever. I shouldn't care, but I'd be lying if I didn't thinks part of the reason she's doing this is to get under my skin. Maybe not so directly to my face, but the comment she made to a friend, "I need to get out of our town" just seemed childish. We just went away last weekend, and 2 weeks ago she went out to her friends, so I have no idea what the heck she's talking about...as if there is some ankle chain holding her down and can't breathe. Really?
  • There's a shake up at my company yet again. President stepped down and we will get a new chief in 3 weeks. Great...this all coincides with the 'reumor' of layoffs for next week.
  • My birthday is next week, mid week, and my wife announced that next Saturday she invited 'her' friends over to our house. Great....So my b-day weekend gets usurped by her social life. No wonder I've been moody the last few days. God, I sound like such a baby and so selfish, but yes, this stings a bit and perhaps has made me feel a bit more aggressive towards her the last few days.
  • Or was it the fact she managed to bounce 3 checks last week?
  • Or the fact the cable company called last night to inform us we're two months behind that I had no idea about because she normally takes care of this. But hey, she's got softball on Wed., and bowling on Monday, so of course she has no time for the actual responsibilities...like bills. That would get in the way of 'fun'.

You know, I'm just in a mood today. Looking back at these last few bullets...that's raw. I wasn't planning on that at all, but I'm not going to erase it. I've been holding this in the last few days and slowly simmering....not boiling though. I think I've learned that 'boiling' gets me nowhere but making myself sick. But it's all true....at least from MY perspective. I'm sure she'd have an answer or explanation for all these...and even though deep down I do care, I just can't muster up the energy to invest in listening to them...because to me, it's just blah, blah, blah...someone trying to justify things in their own mind to someone else to make themselves feel better or deflect the balme or responsibility, or whatever.

Sorry this post took a negative turn. Wasn't my intention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't feel like you need to say you're sorry on your own blog... This is your space and you can use it for whatever you need - vent, inspire, whatever.

On another note, use that bit of steam under your collar and hit the gym - if you keep at it you'll break through that plateau and get going again, soon.

On your birthday weekend - maybe tell her that you were looking forward to celebrating your birthday then and had hoped to do it together, or at least get to spearhead the plans... She may have simply not realized you might feel disappointed in her making other plans... Best of luck, and hey - have a great birthday next week!