February 02, 2011

Hump day update

Wow, look at me....on a roll with updates this past week.

I'm super sore today. Last night I went 110% on bombing my shoulders and even did some legs at the gym. Years ago I had huge legs. I wasn't the fasted person in the world (I hate and loathe running of any sort), but I can remember both Highschool Football and soccer coaches were interested in me based on my legs alone.

In college I blew out my knee. Torn ACL and meniscus. Long recovery, but that was back in '93-'94. Today, I just don't work out my legs that much anymore, but last night I wanted to change it up at the gym (I'm already getting sick and tired of the bike for 25-30 min), so I decided to do calves, hamstrings, and quads. Wow is all I can say. My quads are just a former shaodw of themselves and I was even surprised on how little weight I can do these days compared to yesteryear.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and I'm sore....I mean sore. Not really my legs, but my shoulders. Bought some protein powder for a post work-out drink, had a baked potatoe and single breast of chicken topped with just salsa last night. This morning was one packet of oatmeal and flaxseed. My weight.....225.8 (still down from my inital 237), but I really haven't budged the last few days. Was it the pizza Friday night? The two beers I had on Sunday? I don't know, but I have to be extra dilligent the remainder of this week. I'm hoping to be 224 by Sunday without starving myself.

Wife is playing her first softball game tonight at 8:50pm. I'm pretty sure the field closes at 10pm so hopefully everyone will go home afterwards and I won't have to worry about her grabbing beers at 10:30, But even if she does, I have to not let it get to me.

Work has picked up a bit, but not enough to make the day super meaningful. Still bored, but the 8 hour stretch now seems like only 5-6.

Saturday, I may go to Home Depot to buy the basic 2x6's, clamps, screws, and what not to start my train layout. I measured the room this morning and while 4' x 8' just looks huge for a N-scale train, I may just settle for 3' x 6' or 7'. I have a folding table in their now which is 2.5' x 6' and that's just to shallow. Amazing what 6" more making it 3' can do. I have a friend who said he may be available later in the day to help me bring the wood back in his truck as I don't think a sheet of plywood will fit in mine.

I'm also contemeplating making sausage Saturday as well. With Superbowl this weekend, all the grocery stores in my area are having fantastic sales on meat, so I have to at least buy pork and beef on Saturday if I don't make it. I have no idea what I'm really doing for Saturday.

Speaking of Superbowl.....so far, we have no plans. In the past we've usually been invited to parties, or have thrown 1 or 2 small ones ourselves over the years, but as of today....nothing. I hope we get together with someone. I like to chat and watch the commercials with friends, but so far, there is no word, so unsure if we'll be alone this weekend or not. It may be better for my diet if we are alone.....the temptation of having beer and buffalo wings, chips & dip and other crap may just ruin my progress this week.

No comments: