February 04, 2011

Friday update

Heh, what a boring title. I wanted to try an be cute, but maybe it's too early in the morning for my creative side to be functioning.

I ended up going to the gym last night and rode the bike for a full 30 minutes. Afterwards I did about 15 minutes of legs, came home and mae myslef a pretty lean steak sandwich with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and a slice of swiss on flax multigrain flatbread chased with a large glass of water. Dessert was fat free butterscoth pudding made with 2% milk.

So why am I telling you this? Well, I'm still sore as heck, but had two decent nights of solid sleep, but this morning I weighed in ar 224.6 lbs. I have officially broke the 225 barrier and haven't weighed this in almost 4 or 5 years. My goal is still 216 by mid March, so I have just under 10 lbs to go in the next 5-6 weeks (or 2 lbs a week).

What do I miss most? I actually have these 10 minute periods where the craving for an ice cold beer is all consuming. But generally if I do something else, I can make. That's not to say if my friends didn't come over and put a beer in front of me....well....I'd probably drink it. I also still miss 'crunchy' food.

Still a bit cool here but supposed to warm up this weekend. One of my friends finally decided to have a small Super Bowl gathering that we'll be attending so after work tonight I'll be going to the grocery store to pick up my contribution (undetermined at this point), but I'm also going to pick up meat for sausage. I figure tonight I'll grind meat and marinate, and tomorrow I'll stuff casings. If I can get this done in the morning, I can go to the gym, and still maybe make it to Home Depot to pick up my train layout supplies as well. I hope this will be a productive weekend for me.

I'm officially 1 month into 'Taking it Back', and so far, I'm pretty happy with the results....and the nice thing is...they are of my own making this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're doing it! Keep going!!