April 17, 2009

Sublime Peace

It's 2:30 pm in the afternoon right now.....and I know I am less about 19 hours away from having the 'reality' check with my wife and family....and I feel oddly at peace right now.

That is...right now.

I'm sure that as time marches on to the inevitable hour, I may feel worse and get anxious again.

My sister in law just emailed me some pointers about tomorrow to keep the speech short, focused, and on topic. And minutes I received that email, my father called my cell phone to check in on me.

It's wierd, the last two weeks I have run through over 100 versions of almost the same speech over and over in my head, and the closer I get to the time...it seems the shorther my speech will be. It almost feels that it can be as short as "You either want to work on this marriage or not. If so, then you will go to counseling with me next Tuesday...and be on time with an open mind and allow your guard to be down. If not, then I'm sorry that our marriage means that little after 5 years that you won't even try or give at least one hour to it....so you must pack your essentials and leave the house today and you can call me when you are ready to get serious. End of story."

I can't let this drag on for hours and hours tomorrow, and I don't want to get into the blame game or pointing fingers. We both know the history and the score right now....it's not going to do us any good to to begin pointing fingers. You're either in, or you're out. No more waiting, no more guessing, no more stalls.

By this time tommorrow I will know if my marriage is salvageable or not.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good luck tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes. From your most recent posts, it sounds like there is some hope left. Just remember that your wife needs to admit her faults and issues, as well, and agree to this above all else. Her social life, work, Facebook, etc will all need to come after your marriage not before it.