August 08, 2007

Random Happenings

The last 24 hours I have been under some mental duress, some of my own making, some not (but I guess I allow those incidents to really get my noggin spinning).

I'll admit, by the end of the day I was pretty tired. Both mentally and physically, but even after a long day at work, I had some chores to do at home in which I really didn't want to do, but they had to be done. I was hoping my wife would have offered or helped, but as the usual M.O. goes she was 'too tired'. Big suprise there. The thing is, I notice that when it comes to certain responsibilities or chores she is often always 'too tired', leaving me to do them. Par for the course.

This irritated me yesterday, and without going over the top and stopping myself short of getting into an arguement, I told her how I felt about her continous excuses. Seriously, it's always "It's too hot", "I'm too tired", "I have no money",....something. However, when it comes to my wife's personal social life, she miracously finds a reserve of energy to hang out with the neighbors, or scraped up some change for a few drinks. In fact, I pointed this out to her....that as long as it suits her or has some entertainment value for her (usually including a few drinks and a few cigarettes), she has no problem. She only has a problem when she is required to do something she perceives as a chore. Last night is was walking the dog. Yeah, this might sound very petty to you, but I don't understand when it comes to walking 'our' dog, she is always too tired to walk him 15-20 minutes, but she has plenty of energy to go bowling 4 hours every Monday night with her league. Oh, and she's going again tonight for a playoff...guess she has plenty of energy for that.

She wants me to get her a gym membership at $18 a month because she 'has no extra money', but when we talked about this bowling league, I was really not that surprised to learn that the social aspects of a few cocktails and cigarettes is about $50 a week, or $200 a month!! Well, I say....buy 1 less drink every Monday night, and you'll have your gym money.

So yeah, I was pretty worked up and angry last night when I walked the dog...like I usually do...and my wife knew it. She has a hard time apologizing, but she knows when she is wrong...so she made me a very nice dinner instead last night. That's my wifes way of apologizing and smoothing things over. The dinner was very good, but this behavior often baffles me. She'll spend an hour cooking a fabulous meal (one she wasn't intending to do), but she won't walk the dog 15-20 minutes. I don't get it.

So needless to say, I wasn't (and still aren't) feeling very spiritual at all right now, which lends you have some sympathy for me for what I'm about to discuss next....

~~~~~~~~~~~
I received two comments on my 'Points to Ponder' post from yesterday, and I chose not to publish either one. (BTW: My second point to ponder is still forthecoming)

I want to say to the 'anonymous' poster, I read your comment a few times and believe that you do indeed take what you said very seriously. You had some scripture to back it up and I was impressed, however, I don't agree with you. Perhaps it is the way we interpret scripture, either from our own pastors, teachings, or exposure to different translations. While I did follow your point(s), I don't agree only because I believe that Christ is indeed God, but when he came to us in a 'transfigured' state, taking on the flesh of man, I believe He temporarily seperated his 'full nature' from Himself and the Godhead to fulfill prophecy. That He allowed Himself to take on the experiences of man so that he could be tempted, and thus defeat temptation (Bible states He was tempted in every way...just never succumbed to tempation and actual sin) and death itself. You stated that if Christ was God, and God cannot die, then Christ could not be God because He did die during His crucifixtion.

Well, I suppose at first glance, this does indeed look to be true. But to fufill prophecy, and give us the gift of salvation then a perfect sacrafice was needed and blood needed to be shed. He shed His blood for us so that he could conquer death itself and perhaps preach to those in in the bossom of Abraham who had dired before but did not have salvation until this point. He preached to those departed and gave them a choice. So I guess while His mortal shell seemed to have perished, He was preaching to the departed spirits, only to return to His flesh body three days later, and then rise into heaven where I now believe He stands next to the Father.

No I can't fully explain this, and like I said, you had some scripture to back it up, but so does the Jehovah Witness and the Latter Day Saints, but I think there are some translation issues with certain words and scripture and I don't agree with their interpretations either.

I wish I could talk to you more in my own confidence, but I'm a young and immature Christian in the word, and I cannot claim to understand everything I read right now. I wish I could, and I want to tell you; I have indeed been thinking about you today and wish I did have the proper words, but I want to thank you anyway and I will bring your points up with my own pastor to see what he says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also received another comment, which directed me to a web page of an 'innaugural address'. It was 'amusing' to the say the least, full of holes in logic, and random mutterings of spaceships, MTV videos, and male slaves...all coming from someone proclaiming to be God already here on earth. Sorry, I think I knew after the first sentenence of your incomprehensible diatribe you were not my God. 'Nuff said about that.

No comments: