January 30, 2007

Enjoy the Silence

Words like violence
Break the silence
Come crashing in
Into my little world

Painful to me
Pierce right through me
Cant you understand
Oh my little girl

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm

Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm

Enjoy the silence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Depeche Mode (or as some joke 'Depressed Mode') is one of my favorite bands. Ever.

It's just something about their lyrics that always seem to hit me directly in the heart. One of the few bands that affect me beyond just their sound, but affect me emotionally and seem to speak directly to me, and about me. I hope this doesn't sound to cliche or artsy, but they 'get me'.

I heard this song again the other day, and all I could think of over and over again was to 'Enjoy the Silence'.

Oh, how I long on days for the 'silence'.

That seems to be an oxymoron to me however. I enjoy people, and I don't want to live life as a loner, or to die alone. But I do enjoy more and more frequent episodes of being alone or 'silent' I suppose. People often irritate me, and I'm not sure why. Again...I feel that certain days demand too much of me and all I care or really want is to be isolated and removed from society as a whole. I'm not sure if that just for a half hour, maybe a day, a week, or even longer. Just peace and quiet. No words. No demands. No expectations. No schedules. No responsibility.

No comments: