October 31, 2008

Money truly is the root of all woe

Uggg....

So we had another argument last night.

About the usual....money.

My wife started the conversation innocently enough..."Let me run something by you."

Whenever I here something like that, especially from her, there really is no upside. I suppose it was good she waited until it was later in the evening and I was already sitting down.

"What if I took out $15K our from my 401K to pay off my credit card bills, repay my mother, and help with the property taxes."

I suppose her heart was in the right place, but the amount of $15K was a jaw dropper. Now assuming that she pays her mother back the money I am 'aware' of, and even helps to pay the property taxes....that still doesn't account for $10K left over. How can we be in additional $10K worth of debt that I'm not really aware of.

It doesn't help matters that our country seems to be headed towards a recession, and the fact that my company just recently let go of 15 employees, with an additional rumored 20-25 before the end of the year. Then sometime early next year, a reorganization is supposedly in the works with even more employees losing their jobs.

Didn't I just go through this 2 years ago? I'm already beginning to stress out again and these are just rumors. I so wanted to take a vacation this year....to go on the cruise we've been talking about for the past 4 years....but rumors likes these scare me...and tend for me to go into lock down and conservative mode. No wonder I've started to experience my insomnia again this past week.

I know Jesus tells us not to worry, to cast our burdens and troubles upon him and look to Him for peace...I just don't know if I can endure another round of this stress and possible unemployment again so soon. It's been a rough career for me, and as soon as things seem to settle down for me, that's when things always seem to get shaken up....and I always end up on the short end of the stick.

No comments: