October 02, 2008

Dreams

It started Monday night, and now it's been three days in a row now that I've had 'bad' dreams. Not exactly nightmares, or anything demonic or evil, but bad dreams none the less.

Monday night I had a dream in regards to my old job again...the one I lost two years back. I felt very uncomfortable running into old co-workers and I found myself walking the halls of my old company again. I'm not exactly sure why I was there, or what my circumstances were, but I do know in the back of my mind I was concerned about finances.

Tuesday I dreamt my wife and I were arguing, and that she threatened divorce. I have no idea again the circumstances that led up to this. When I woke up that morning my emotions were both of sadness and of anger. Perhaps I've been thinking about my neighbors too much and how their circumstances sometimes overlap with mine.

Last night. once again it was work related, and I found myself in an innocent pickle and my delays were causing the grief of others that were just trying to get their own job done as well. I was clearly out of my comfort zone and familiar territory.

The result of these has left me a little weary in the morning, and a bit sore. I've been waking up to find myself not energized and my legs and lower back full of aches.

My wife has been haveing a rough time at her own work this past week as well. She's been getting up early to go to work, working long hours, and then coming home and working on her laptop for additional hours. Last night as I watched TV, she was on her laptop until 11pm! She's on salary (for 40 hours), but easily has worked about 60 hours a week the past two, and has to go out of town next week on a business trip for 6 days (Vegas, no less). She's been getting no support at work...she told me her boss and her co-worker have been working very minimal hours at best...and then keep questioning her on the status of everything. There may be some organizational changes in the future she fears as well, which may place her under a different manager, and now she fears that she'll be stuck in her position for another five or more years.

Unfortunately with the economy the way it it, and her limited skill set, she can't really afford to quit and look for a new job. We aren't broke, nor are we close to losing our home, but we really can't afford any luxuries right now...and we don't even have a child living with us. It could be worse, but we're a long way from better too. I've been watching the candidates and this whole financial crisis thing pretty closely. We've definetly tightened our belts and made some personal sacrifices that come close to the time when I did lose my job. It can be very frustrating and mentally taxing to us and our marriage.

No comments: