July 02, 2008

Spiritual Intervention?

This afternoon, something strange happened and I thought I'd share it with you all as soon as I could.

I was out in the field working and when I was done, I was close enough to a fast food joint that I thought I'd take a few minutes and grab an Ice-Tea and a snack and sit down and enjoy the coolness of the air conditioned room. Looking for something to read, I happened to grab a small newletter that was stashed in our company truck's glove compartment.

It ended up being the Alamo Christian Ministries World Newsletter and I was drawn to a letter on the front page written to pastor Tony Alamo:

Dear Pastor Tony,
Hi, how are you doing and
feeling these days? Well, I'm writing you about the literature that you've
sent me, and I must say I got a lot out of it, and it has opened my eyes to a
lot of things that I was indeed doing wrong and I thought I was right. It
also showed me how unclean my surroundings are and how to deal with it.
Pastor, I'm really trying to put up with people who are not believers of
Christ. It's very hard, and I see myself getting very angry, not because
they don't believe, but because they're trying to make me stumble, and I'm
trying so hard not to stumble. Every time I get angry, I look to the
literature you've sent to me, and then I will pray on it because I'm really
trying to change my way of thinking, as well as living. I still need a lot
of work yet, but with the Lord's help I'll make it.


Whoa! This person sounds just like me. I didn't copy the whole letter down, but you get the gist of it. We all have our moments....even Christians....and I too get so angry.

And then I was thinking about the last few days. I've written some lengthy posts the last two days, and I realized that the length of my posts and aggressive tone of them is because I too have been angry at my surroundings.

You see this blog is also my own self-therapy. I tend to write a lot when I am agitated and frustrated. I'm not out skipping in the daisies or humming a pleasing tune...no I am venting. And I can't help but notice that my last few posts may come across as negative. On the contrary, I hope you realize I am venting, and this is a way for me to organize and let loose my feelings without doing something stupid.

But what is really strange and I'd like to call your attention to is the fact that I've been edgy the last few days, and in this state of mind, I randomly grabbed a piece of paper to read....and it turned out to be a Christian newsletter stuffed in our company car. How did that get there? And why did I grab it today of all days? Fate? Perhaps God is trying to bring something to my attention and today took the opportunity to do so.

While I do feel a little bit better, I continue with the remainder of the story I've been venting about the last few days, but I thought you may get a kick out of this strange coincidence.

No comments: