June 27, 2008

A few minor changes

Depending on how much you visit here, you may or may not have noticed a few minor additions and changes.

I've made a few color changes to the sidebar just to 'spice' things up a bit, hopefully to add a little life and pizzaz to my thoughts.

I also added a picture of Christ. There are so many beautiful pictures of Jesus out there, most of them reflecting a long haired man in a serene pose with his arms either oustretched as if to say "Welcome my child", or looking down with his head slightly tilted down to one side that sort of reflects a certain humbleness yet authority of being King of kings.

I chose the one I did because it was a close up of Him looking right at you, nothing else to get in the way but His connection with you. I also like the muted sepia like colors and its worn look.

Finally in case anyone is interested, I also added a subcription feed button that will notify the reader when a new post/entry or comment is updated here. By selecting the appropriate button, you can then add a 'feed' to one of the more popular 'subscription readers' available. I've never used one before so I don't know excatly how it works. Please let me know what you think.

In other news, the Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways. My wife had dinner with her mother and sister yesterday and got home later than I expected....I actually thought they were having lunch, not dinner, but I'm sure I heard wrong. The nice thing was my wife brought me home dinner, one of my favorite meals, though I wish she would have called me earlier to let me know because when she got home I was eating leftovers anyways. But the fact is she thought of me which I guess is a nice surprise.

She didn't go into much detail, but indicated her sister was lecturing her. I didn't want to press matters or inquire as to what, but I can guess. I imagine her sister may have raised some concerns that a few people have noticed the last few months in regards to her recent behaviors. I didn't ask her sister to do so, but I'm not going to turn down the outside help either. Her sister once confided in me not that long ago that she was a little concerned about my wife priorities in general and the way she acts towards me on occassion. That was nice to hear on one hand, that someone may have finally noticed and at least gave me some inkling that all this 'stuff' isn't just me be overly sensitive. It also bothered me too, because it appears my ability to contain it and put on a happy-smiley face is always working, and now her side of the family must know that things aren't as rosey as them may first seem.

I dunno. Time will tell and I continue to pray for a more positive future, however, past experience also resulted in a short period of being nice only to revert to the standard ways in a few weeks.

Other than that little blurb on the radar from yesterday, I strangely feel somewhat calm and at peace today. Work is very quiet which is nice and I imagine this weekend will afford me some time to finally relax at home and maybe play some games I've been wanting to play.

I'm even looking forward to my men's support/bible study group this Saturday too.

No comments: