February 15, 2008

V-Day, 2008

Well, yesterday was just like any other day at our house. Maybe because we both work and my wife is on a very strict diet, we opted to stay home.

In the morning we exchanged a few gifts. I got a pair of novelty boxers I'll probably never wear (white with red hearts all over them), and I got my wife some boots and a gift card to download digital songs.

The person that made out the best was my dog. I bought him some toys, and my parents got him a designer leash, harness, and treats.

Actually, we didn't make a big deal out of Valentines Day because supposedly tomorrow my wife is going to surprise me. She is taking me somewhere overnight, and even right now I have no clue as to where. I'm trying to picture where we are going for 24 hours, and I have no idea. I just hope we don't have to drive too far, and also hope there is something to do. I am sure there will be, because I think my wife knows I wouldn't enjoy spending hours in a car to a destination that I'll be bored at despite her company.

I give her credit though. I do recognize the fact she planned this all by herself and took the reigns to plan it out...something she used to do when we were dating. I like surprises, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt right now, but I am a little leary of this 24 hour get-away.

I'm taking Monday off from work as well, as is she. We'll be cleaning out the garage, and I'm hoping that both of us will be able to seperate from some junk that is just taking up space, and I'll be happy if we can get at least agree on chucking 20-25% of what we have in storage.

Since I will be gon this weekend, that means no church on Sunday or men's group on Saturday. Part of me is kinda bummed, since last week my heart really wasn't into it. Maybe one more week will help recharge my thirst for spirituality?

No comments: